EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 13
Series of 2020
AN EXECUTIVE ORDER DECLARING THE MUNICIPALITY OF CATARMAN UNDER ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE AND PRESCRIBING ADDITIONAL MEASURES FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF THE CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019
WHEREAS, Article II, Section 15 of the 1987 Philippine declares that “The State shall protect and promote the right to health of the people and instill health consciousness among them”;
WHEREAS, Section 16 of Republic Act 7160 or the Local Government Code which states that “Within their respective jurisdictions, local government units shall ensure and supping among other things the promotion of health and safety”;
WHEREAS, Proclamation 929 issued by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte dated March 17, 2020 entitled “DECLARING A STATE OF CALAMITY THROUGHOUT THE PHILIPPINES DUE TO CORONA VIRUS DISEASE 2019;
WHEREAS, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) as global pandemic which poses an imminent threat to local communities;
WHEREAS, due to the rising number of cases in the Philippines, a confirmed case within the Municipality and an alarming number of PUMs and PUIs it is imperative that the Municipality of Catarman be placed under an Enhanced Community Quarantine where strict home quarantine is implemented in all households, mass transportation is suspended, provision for food and essential health services is regulated and presence of uniformed personnel to enforce quarantine procedures;
NOW THEREFORE, I, FRANCISCO C. ROSALES JR, Municipal Mayor of Catarman, Northern Samar, by virtue of the power vested in me by law, do herby issue this Executive Order placing the Municipality of Catarman under Enhanced Community Quarantine:
SECTION 1. DECLARING THE MUNICIPALITY OF CATARMAN ON ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE. The Municipality of Catarman is hereby placed under Enhanced Community Quarantine.
SECTION 2. ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE PERIOD. The Enhanced Community Quarantine shall take effect at 00:00 (12:00 AM) of March 26, 2020 until 00:00 (12:00 AM) of April 14, 2020 or until the Public Health Emergency is lifted.
SECTION 3. ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE MEASURES. The municipality shall implement the following:
1. All public and private schools as well as Technical/Vocational classes are suspended.
2. Work from home arrangement will be implemented except for frontline services on health, emergency, waste collection, border control and other critical services, as much as practicable. The exempted frontline services shall only have a skeletal force to operate it. However, if there is justifiable need, employees maybe called upon to augment the LGUs workforce for the delivery of essential basic services;
3. Strict implementation of Home Quarantine. Movement of households shall be regulated with the issuance of Home Quarantine Pass to designated individuals, that is, One (1) per household. Designated household representatives should be members of the household that are within the ages 18 years old to 59 years old and movements shall be limited to accessing basic necessities and provision for food and essential health services.
Production and reproduction or Home Quarantine pass must follow the guidelines set forth in Executive Order No. 12 series of 2020;
4. Establishments providing basic necessities such as food, supermarket and groceries medicine, water, banking and remittance centers, power, energy, telecommunication, and the Like are allowed/ authorized to operate. However, they must strictly adapt a skeletal workforce as well as strict social or physical distancing measures.
All other establishments not mentioned in the above provision MUST BE CLOSED.
All food establishments must follow the guidelines on the alternative provision of services as set forth in Executive Order No. 12 series of 2020;
Supermarkets, groceries and food establishments may operate until 7:00 o’clock in the evening but not later than 9:00 o’clock in the evening while Drugstores and Pharmacies shall operate 24 hours.
5. Operation of mass public transportation including tricycles, motorcabs, habal-habal, PDcabs and other similar forms are hereby SUSPENDED;
6. Sale, purchase and consumption of liquor shall be prohibited in full force and effect until lifted ;
SECTION 4. SLAUGHTERHOUSE OPERATION. Only accredited livestock/swine suppliers will be allowed to supply livestock and swine for slaughter at the Catarman Slaughterhouse and shall be required to present their proof of accreditation to the Slaughterhouse Personnel and at the checkpoint if supplier is coming from the other municipalities. Delivery personnel shall only be limited to two (2) persons, i.e. driver and One (1) helper with valid Identification. Slaughterhouse personnel and supplier are strictly required to wear protective equipment like masks, gloves and boots.
SECTION 5. TRANSPORTATION ARRANGEMENT FOR FRONTLINERS AND SKELETAL WORKFORCE. The municipality shall provide transportation arrangements for the following:
1. For frontliners and exempted establishments.
Transportation arrangements for frontliners and skeletal workforce of exempted establishments, especially in health and emergency frontline workers, border control personnel and other critical services including those providing basic necessities shall be provided by the LGU in the event that their respective agencies/establishments could not provide.
2. For those seeking to avail of basic services.
Transportation arrangement shall also be provided to those needing to go to hospitals or clinics, and those who have limited access to establishments providing basic necessities, however, social or physical distancing measures including appropriate health protocols are strictly followed.
Barangays with available transportation facility will provide augmentation in the implementation of transportation arrangements for barangay residents wanting to avail of basic services.
3. For stranded persons and displaced workers.
Transportation arrangements shall also be provided to persons stranded in terminals within its area of jurisdiction and in its borders during the start of implementation of Enhanced Community Quarantine. For persons who are non-Catarmananons, the municipality will coordinate with their respective LGUs to facilitate the provision of transportation of said persons.
SECTION 6. ESTABLISHMENT OF CHECKPOINTS/BORDER PATROL. There will be three (3) established entry and exit checkpoints of the Municipality – one (1) in Barangay Cervantes, one (1) in Barangay Old Rizal and (1) in Barangay UEP Zone 1. Each checkpoint will be manned by a team composed of the following:
1. Members of the PNP;
2. Members of the AFP;
2. Support Staff of the MPOSO;
3. Personnel of RHU;
4. Personnel from MSWDO;
5. Personnel from MDRRMO; and
6. Representatives from the Barangay, preferably Barangay Tanod and BHW.
SECTION 7. UNRESTRICTED MOVEMENT FOR FRONTLINE WORKERS. In coordination with the PNP and AFP, the municipality will authorize the unrestricted movement and the entry to and exit from the Municipality of Catarman of the following persons provided that they are able to present the following:
1. Proof of Employment for health workers;
2. Proof of Identification for authorized government officials and employees;
3. Proof of Identification for members of the PNP and AFP;
4. Proof of Identification for those travelling for medical and humanitarian reasons;
5. Proof of Employment for persons providing basic services and basic utilities;
6. Proof of Employment for Skeletal Workforce;
7. Proof of Employment for those delivering foods and medicines;
8. Proof of Identification for Members of the Inter-Agency Task Force against COVID-19 of the Municpality of Catarman and other municipalities and the Provincial Inter-Agency Task Force.
SECTION 8. UNRESTRICTED MOVEMENT OF CARGOES. All cargoes especially FOOD SUPPLIES AND BASIC NECESSITIES travelling within, to and from the entire Province of Northern Samar shall not be delayed by reason of the quarantine. However, they have to follow the standard protocols in passing through the checkpoints/border patrol. Further, Cargo Personnel of local trucking services shall undergo quarantine upon arrival at the municipality.
SECTION 9. NO VIOLATIONS OF HUMAN RIGHTS. The municipality will ensure that no violations of human rights are committed by any checkpoint/border patrol staff nor any employee or officer granted authority by it to perform tasks relative to the implementation and maintenance of the Enhance Community Quarantine.
SECTION 10. CURFEW. The twenty-four (24) hours curfew will be in effect starting 00:00 (12:00AM) of March 26, 2019. Only those authorized to use Home Quarantine Pass and those specified in Section 7 of this EO will be allowed unrestricted movements. The Catarman Municipal Police Station assisted by the Municipal Public Order and Safety Office (MPOSO) will take the lead in the implementation of curfew in cooperation with the Barangay Local Government Units and the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
SECTION 11. ENFORCEMENT. The Municipal Inter-Agency Task Force against COVID-19 particularly the MHO, MDRRMO, MSWDO, MEO, MPOSO, MLGOO together with the Philippine National Police, Bureau of Fire Protection, Armed Forces of the Philippines and the Barangay Local Government Unit are hereby directed to strictly enforce this Executive Order.
Failure to abide by the foregoing guidelines and measures will be sanctioned by the Local Government Unit pursuant to applicable laws.
SECTION 11. EFFECTIVITY. This Executive Order shall take effect at 00:00 (12:00 AM) of March 26, 2020 to (12:00 A.M.) of April 14, 2020 or until the Public Health Emergency is lifted.
Issued this March 25, 2020 at Catarman, Northern Samar.
FRANCISCO C. ROSALES JR.